- Save list of apps deselected to deselect next time app runs
- Multi-threaded for query mode
- Add app icons in listview
- Show which app is being queried
- Run in background
- Save state
- Download auto-installs
- Turn phone into jet pack
- Updates on non-market apps
- Update Paid-Apps
- Adjust where downloads are placed
- Delete file after installed
First, Thank you for participating in this alpha phase! Without your help, we would be unable to battle-harden our app. You are the key to our success!
Second, are a few caveats. This app only updates free apps and only downloads, then initializes for install the app. The user will still have to press okay on install at least two times per updated app. Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the OS. Please read the list of items planned for support in version 2.0
When providing feedback please include the following details:
- Phone type, Android OS Version #, Carrier
- How many apps you have installed [use App drawer to get the total]
- Approximate time of the testing (e.g. 6-6:30 pm on Friday the 13th)
- Contact info, to be used for follow-up and any clarification, preferably your gmail address. Note, you only have to provide the username if it is gmail.
- What would you rate the app at this time?
- What feature/fix would give it a higher rating for you?
- Would you be available for a synchronized testing time? This is when everyone in the alpha phase runs the app at the same moment in time.
- Suggestions: Usability, layout, design, etc…
Here are the tests we recommend you run:
- Click on Ad in Admob [Does it work?] Record any clicks you do and provide the number to us, as we will use this to verify the Ad plugin is working correctly.
- Does it show Apps requiring an update? Does it match the Market? More, less, etc… Please list ones missing/extra NOTE: We noticed additional items the Market had not detected were available for update.
- Does Refresh work?
- Does Download and Install work?
- Repeat each of the above HINT: Use cancel for find and download multiple times.
- Switch to wifi-mode and to 3G. Is it significantly slower?
- Go to home, return to app. Does it still work?
- Turn phone horizontal [Should not change behavior]
- Receive phone call while using App
- Drop phone in water while using App **
- Look in folder structure for downloaded apps, is it getting too cluttered?
- Your ideas – please submit back for others to include in their test plans.
Again, “Thank You!”
You are really cool for helping us to make this a success and we appreciate your input. Please provide your responses in the comments on this entry or in a direct e-mail to lucas at twothinktanks dot com or to ryan at twothinktanks dot com
** Our lawyer advised us to inform you that we are not responsible for any damaged data/phones during this alpha phase.
The UpdateAll app is done with main development and is currently being tested internally. With this app you will be able to:
- Retrieve a list of free apps from the Android Market which have an update available
- Select which apps you want to update
- Batch download and install all selected apps